Yu Garden: Ancient Shanghai 2-Hour Guided Walking Tour
- Visit the largest and most prestigious classic Chinese architecture of its era
- Discover the back lane of the Old Town and listen to the stories behind the buildings
- Learn about the history of old Shanghai from your experienced tour guide
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the Old Town from the Roof Top Tea House.
After gathering at the meeting point, follow your tour guide through the old lanes, learning about the lifestyle of old Shanghainese through immersive storytelling and opportunities to engage with locals. Once arriving in the well-preserved Yu Garden, your guide will show you around the wonderufl decorative halls, elaborate pavilions, glittering pools, zigzag bridges, pagodas, archways, and impressive rockeries. Explore the four elements of a typical Chinese garden while admiring the artistry of the exquisite sculptures and carvings.
At the end of the tour, your tour guide will take you to the highest point in Yu Garden Bazaar, where you can enjoy a bird's eye view from the rooftop and take in the fascinating contrast between new and old Shanghai.
- Entrance ticket to Yu Garden
- Professional English tour guide
- Cost for headsets
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
The hotel lobby of Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel. Your tour guide will be waiting for you, holding a sign with the GYG logo. Exit 1, Yu Yuan Garden Station, Line 10. Around 4 min walk.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes