Skip-the-Long-Line Tour of Seville Cathedral & Giralda Tower
- Tour the Seville Cathedral, one of the largest churches in the world
- Learn about the transition and remodeling of a centuries-old mosque into the cathedral
- Head to the top of the Giralda Tower for sweeping views of Seville
On this tour your guide will tell you about the transition from Islamic mosque to Christian church, and the continuous remodelling of the cathedral over the years, making it truly one of a kind.
It was built on the site of a 12th century Almohad mosque, decorative parts of which still can be seen inside the cathedral. A special part of the mosque that remains is the minaret standing next to it, now known as the Giralda Tower, a wonderful viewpoint to look over the city.
There were 2 parts of the mosque preserved in the cathedral: the Moorish entrance court (Patio de los Naranjos) and the Giralda, originally a minaret, converted into a bell tower.
The cathedral is entered via the Puerta de San Cristóbal on the south side. Just inside you’ll see the tomb of Christopher Columbus. The vast interior of the cathedral, featuring a central nave and 4 side aisles, is lavishly decorated with works of fine art.
- Tickets to the cathedral
- Guaranteed skip-the-long-line access
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
When you get there
• Please note, if your group is 8 or more people, there will be an extra charge of €1 per person per monument for the headsets (mandatory into monuments and charged by their staff), to be paid directly to the guide at the entrance
• Difficulty level: low. You will need comfortable shoes and good mobility