Seattle: Mount Rainier Park All-Inclusive Small Group Tour
Pickup includedHotel pickup available within 1.25 mile range of Pike Place Market.
- Spot wildlife and see spectacular scenery on a full-day nature walk or snowshoe on Mount Rainier
- Learn about the ecology and geology of majestic mountains and glaciers from an expert naturalist guide
- Go walking or snowshoeing depending on snow levels
- Savor a fresh local lunch
The mountain is an active volcano, encased in 35 square miles of snow and ice, surrounded by old growth forest and covered in a stunning carpet of wildflowers.
After the drive to the park by luxury Mercedes van, you will soon be entranced by the beauty of the glorious landscape, which soars to heights of over 14,000 feet. Remember to take your binoculars to spot birds and wildlife, such as marmots, coyotes, elk, and black bears. Breathe in that clear air as you take in the sounds and scents of the forests and lakes.
Your naturalist guide will lead you on a walk or snowshoe of the Nisqually Vista Trail. If you fancy something a little more challenging, then don’t be afraid to ask. Groups are kept small to allow for maximum service and a truly tailored experience.
There will be time to pause for a lunch of delicious local, seasonal produce and wine. Back on the walk, enjoy views of waterfalls, river valleys and even glaciers.
You will end the day with a descent down the road to the park’s roots at Longmire. Keep your eyes peeled for deer in the meadow as they make their late afternoon trek to the river’s edge.
- Pickup and drop-off at your Downtown Seattle hotel, the Cruise Terminal, your AirBNB or rental, or the Hotel Monaco (default location)
- Highly qualified naturalist guide
- Travel in adventure-outfitted luxury Mercedes Van or SUV
- Locally sourced and/or organic lunch
- Seasonal snacks and refreshments throughout the tour
- All entry fees
- Snowshoes in winter
- Comprehensive naturalist commentary
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• It is recommended to wear layers of clothing as the weather can change throughout the day