From Amsterdam: Day Trip to Giethoorn and Schokland
- Explore the canals of Giethoorn
- Drive through typical Dutch polders
- See many varieties of flowers and animals at Orchideeën Hoeve
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Schokland
Schokland is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a history that dates back thousands of years. Learn about this former island (now part of the mainland as more land was claimed from the sea). Visit the Schokland Museum and see its varied exhibits. Look out for species of meadow birds in the Schokker Forest.
Next, head to Giethoorn - one of the most picturesque destinations in the Netherlands. The history of this beautiful town dates back to the middle ages. Giethoorn has been nicknamed the ‘Dutch Venice’ due to the number of canals. No vehicles are allowed in the old village, so explore on foot or by boat. As you walk around, hear tips on attractions and eateries from your guide.
The last stop of the day is at the Orchideeën Hoeve - The Orchid Farm. Wander through these tropical gardens at your own speed, take photos, and look out for the many different varieties of flowers and animals.
- Entrance to the Orchid Farm (Orchideeën Hoeve)
- Entrance to Schokland Museum
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Free WIFI aboard
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Tips (optional)
- Food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
THIS IS HOLLAND – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. How to get here: A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ. Journey time is three minutes). Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It is a 5 minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.Open in Google Maps ⟶