Sarajevo: 3.5-Hour Bosnian War Tour
- Discover how Bosnians struggled through times of siege
- Take a look over Sarajevo from the surrounding Olympic Mountains
- Explore the second-largest Jewish cemetery in Europe
Trebević was the only place to breathe fresh air when the city was engulfed in fumes, but that all changed and the mountain became the locals' worst enemy as hundreds of mortars and countless bullets rained down on the capital. This onslaught was responsible for killing a large proportion of the 11,541 people in the city during that period.
From Trebević Mountain you will travel down to the Tunnel of Hope War Museum. This museum was constructed by the besieged citizens with the help of the Bosnian Army in order to link the city of Sarajevo, which was entirely cut-off by Serbian forces. The tunnel linked the two Sarajevo neighborhoods of Dobrinja and Butmir, and following the museum your last stop will be the Old Jewish Cemetery, which is almost 500 years old.
- Guided historical tour
- Tickets to the war museum
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Weather-appropriate clothing