Sapporo: Personalized Experience with a Local
- Spend a day with a hand-picked guide who will create an experience that's fully customized to your interests
- See Sapporo’s iconic attractions and off-the-beaten path spots
- Get a unique insider’s perspective as you explore the city
- See the real Sapporo that you wouldn't find in a guidebook
- Eat and drink like a local
- Really immerse yourself in Sapporo's culture
If food is your thing, feast on the incredible seafood and miso ramen Sapporo is renowned for. Your guide can take you to places like Ramen Alley where you can sample Hokkaidō ramen made from a rich miso-based broth, which is perfect for cold winters. Or try seafood as fresh as it comes and indulge in local dishes like “kaisen-don,” a delicately balanced dish of raw seafood on top of a bed of fluffy white rice.
There is much more to Sapporo than food though. Your guide can lead you to the city’s most iconic sites, sacred shrines, and bustling, neon-lit neighborhoods. From landmarks like the Hokkaidō Shrine or the Mount Okura Ski Jump, you will explore pockets of the city where you can immerse yourself in the culture of Hokkaidō. As well as visiting the places you’d most like to see, your guide will share with you local spots and places of interest to stop by along the way, giving you an authentic insight into local life in Sapporo.
Whether you’d like to see its historic sites, feast on specialty local dishes, or see the landmarks left behind after the Winter Olympics, your host will create a personalized experience just for you. With your thoughtfully matched host by your side, you can skip the tourist traps and discover the real Sapporo.
- Private and personalized experience
- 8 hours with a local host
- Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do
• Your local guide may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or if the weather doesn't cooperate