5-Hour Santorini Tour with Wine Tasting
- See the major sights of Santorini in just a day
- Visit 1 traditional winery and learn about winemaking
- Taste 4 types of the island’s major styles of wine
- Admire the impressive Red and Black beaches
The island has a long winemaking tradition and is renowned for its outstanding crisp, dry white wines and vinsanto, an elegant sweet dessert wine. Visit 1 traditional winery and stroll through the vineyards to learn about the unique low basket viticulture.
Head south to admire the Red and Black beaches. The red layers of sand at the Red Beach create a spectacular sight! The Black Beach is the largest beach on Santorini, and is covered with black volcanic sand. Take in the spectacular views of the Aegean Sea and the nearby islands. Enjoy an optional lunch of fish or seafood at a seaside restaurant.
Head to the top of Prophet Elias Mountain. At 2,000 feet this is the highest point on Santorini, offering 360-degree views of the island and the Aegean. On the way down, you’ll stop at the medieval village of Pyrgos for a short stroll in the old Venetian alleys. Make an optional stop for refreshments and snacks at a local bistro.
Now you’ll head north, to the other side of the island and visit Oia, the village of sailors. Take a short walking tour to admire the whitewashed houses and some of the best views in the world. You’ll have free time for shopping, refreshments, the chance to experience a remarkable sunset, and the option of a meal at a cliff-view or seaside restaurant.
On the way back to Fira we there will be a short stop in Firostefani to see the big white church that is the subject of so many Santorini postcards.
- Return transfer from your hotel or the cable car port (cruise visitors)
- Round-trip transportation by modern air-conditioned van
- Visit 1 traditional winery in the Santorini countryside
- Cheese, olives, and local bread at a winery
- English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- 5-Hour Private Tour of the island.
- All taxes, admission fees, and tasting fees at the winery.
- Cable car tickets for cruise visitors (EUR 5 per ride per person, optional)
- Lunch (Optional)
- Personal expenses (Optional)
- Gratuities (Optional)
Prepare for the activity
Hotel pick-up is available at various locations on the island of Santorini. If your accommodation is accessible by car, pick-up can be arranged there. Otherwise, a meeting point will be arranged at a nearby location. Cruise passenger pick-up: All cruise passengers with individual programs are taken to the old Port of Fira, the capital of Santorini, by tender boats. From the port you will take the cable car up to Fira town. The meeting point for the tour is at the cable car's exit in Fira town. Your guide will wait for you there, holding a sign with your name. Please include the name and arrival time of your ship, and your full name and mobile phone number when booking of the tour in order for your pick-up to be arranged.Open in Google Maps ⟶