Santiago de Compostela Cathedral and Museum Guided Tour
- Enter the magnificent Santiago de Compostela Cathedral and get access to its museum
- See the tomb of Saint James the Great
- Look at all the decorative chapels around the main altar
- Discover masterpieces of sacred art
- Learn the story of the cathedral and its significance to pilgrims
One of the 3 most important centers for Catholic pilgrims in the Christian world, Santiago de Compostela Cathedral has historically been a place of pilgrimage on the "Way of St. James" (Camino de Santiago) since the early Middle Ages. Enter the magnificent monument to discover why, as your guide takes you to see the tomb of Saint James and much more. Look at the resplendent main altar and the intricate chapels surrounding it, and learn about the rituals and traditions.
Hear about the historical and architectural importance of the cathedral, and further your knowledge in the museum where permanent collections are complemented by temporary exhibitions. Tours of the museum are available at 13:00 and 16:00, with corresponding tours of the cathedral at 14:00 and 17:00.
- Guided tour
- Entrance ticket to the cathedral museum