Santiago de Compostela: Private Tour
- Explore every corner of these two historical cities
- Enjoy Santiago's historical center and discover the importance of its cathedral
- Witness the medieval fortress of Valença do Minho
On this tour, your guide will show you why Santiago de Compostella has been such a famous and important location for Christian pilgrims. See why the ancient city has long been considered a symbol of faith and devotion. Explore the old part of the city that has been UNESCO listed since 1985. Take a stroll to witness the gorgeous cathedral of Santiago, a Catholic church built in Romanesque style, that bears the scars of many years of conflict. The building is an astounding feature, designed in gothic, baroque and renaissance elements. Before departing for Valença do Minho you will take a break in the historical center of Santiago to enjoy a tasty, traditional lunch.
Next, drive to the medieval fortress of Valença do Minho, built with great strategical value, it was the defense wall of Minho. This monument was built to protect Portugal from the Spanish troops. Your guide will take you to the best spots to marvel at this architectural wonder. Your tour will end with a relaxing drive back to your accommodation.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia center
- Van or minibus transportation
- Traditional lunch
- Entrance fees to museums/monuments, unless specified
- Meals and drinks, unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)