From Santiago: 5-Day Private Tour of Northern Spain
Pickup includedFrom your hotel in Santiago de Compostela.
- Discover the natural region in northern Spain known as “Green Spain”
- Enjoy guided tours of Santiago de Compostela, Oviedo, Santander, and Bilbao
- Visit the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela, El Capricho de Gaudí, the Museum of Altamira, and the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao
Your local guide will pick you up at your hotel and take you on a 4-hour visit of Santiago de Compostela, including the cathedral. Enjoy free time for lunch before the driver will picks you up and leads you for a visit to the Costa da Morte on the Galician coast. Stay overnight at your hotel.
Day 2: From Santiago to Oviedo
Your driver will pick you up at your hotel in Santiago de Compostela and drive you towards Oviedo. On your way, discover the coastal regions of Galicia and Asturias, including the As Catedrais beach, Ribadeo, Mirador La Regalina observation deck, and the Lighthouse Cabo Vidio. Enjoy a lunch break in Cudillero. After lunch, drive to Oviedo where you will meet with your local guide and enjoy a guided visit to its old town. Sleep in Oviedo
Day 3: From Oviedo to Santander
Your driver will pick up you up at your hotel in Oviedo and drive you towards Santander. On the way, stop to visit the Holy Cave of Covadonga and basilica followed by a lunch break in Llanes. Take a scenic drive through San Vicente de la Barquera and stop in Comillas to enjoy a guided visit to the El Capricho de Gaudí. Sleep in Santander.
Day 4: Santander and Santillana del Mar
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel to show you the nice city of Santander and its bay on a 3-hour tour. Take a lunch break in Santander, after which you will go to one of the nicest villages in Spain, Santillana del Mar. Enjoy some time to walk around and a guided visit to the Cave of Altamira in the Altamira Museum (visit is a regular visit and only available in Spanish). Sleep in Santander
Day 5: Santander to Bilbao
Your driver will pick you up at your hotel in Santander and drive you towards Bilbao. Meet with your local guide and enjoy a guided tour of the city and a 4-hour visit to the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao. Take a lunch break in Bilbao and free time to visit the so-called "Hanging Bridge" linking Portugalete and Las Arenas. The final drop-off will be at your hotel in Bilbao where the tour will end.
- Private minivan transportation for 5 days
- Spanish- and English-speaking driver
- 4 guided walking city visits of 3-4 hours each
- Entrance fees to the mentioned museums and cathedrals
- Driver and transport expenses
- Civil insurance
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees other than mentioned
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
• Accommodation is not provided at any point during the tour
• You can make your own hotel bookings and contact the tour operator for advice