Avalon 3-Hour Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour
- Discover the independent food stores and restaurants of Avalon
- Taste sweet and savory treats from a variety of venues
- Learn the rich history of Avalon
- Explore the best spots to eat in town
- Get the inside scoop on Avalon's hidden secrets
Go to specialty food stores and discover mom ‘n’ pop eateries where the owners have poured their pride, passion and individual perspective into their creations. Enjoy mouth-watering tastings that, combined, will be enough for a hearty lunch.
Get the inside scoop on Avalon’s culinary past, present and future, exploring some of the hidden gems the enchanted island has to offer. You will also be helping to support local merchants and meet fellow food enthusiasts along the way.
The non-touristy experience also uncovers some of Avalon’s rich history, from treasured architecture to local hot spots to eat around town.
- Tour admission
- All food, drinks and desserts at each tasting location
- Tips for the servers at each location
- Activity sheet featuring local coupons
- Tips for the guide
- Additional food, drinks, or desserts at each tasting location
Prepare for the activity
Meet on Crescent Avenue, Avalon, directly across from the entry stairwell of Steve's Steakhouse in front of the tree planter. The tree planter is located along the serpentine wall just west of the base of the Green Pleasure Pier in between Catalina Avenue and Sumner Avenue. Your guide will be wearing a Catalina food tours shirt and holding a "Taste of Catalina Food Tours" sign. If you are unsure of the location, please show this description to anyone in any shop and they will be able to let you know where to meet very easilyOpen in Google Maps ⟶