San Polo and Rialto: 2-Hour Private Walking Tour
- Admire Rialto Bridge and learn the legend of the Statue of the 'Gobbo di San Giacomo
- Visit the enormous Frari church and discover its artworks by Renaissance masters Titian and Bellini
- Learn about the commercial quarters, the bankers, the brokers, and the merchants of Venice
- See one of the city’s biggest squares, the Campo San Polo and its surrounding area
The tour starts near the Rialto area. Venice was a city where west met east, and exotic items such as silk and spices were traded alongside traditional goods like copper and wood. The city's courtesans were well-off in this golden age and lived in sumptuous apartments. They were often accomplished musicians and raconteurs, and some were even deployed as secret spies for the state.
Focus will then shift to the Venetian artists, with a visit to the Gothic Frari church, which dwarfs the eastern side of San Polo. Built by Franciscans in the 13th century, it is one of the city's largest places of worship. Simply the sheer size of its striking interior will amaze you, let alone the quality of its High Renaissance masterpieces – Titian's Assumption being the most famous.
- Hotel pick-up in the St. Marks area (if arranged in advance)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance to the churches (this is only an external walking tour)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to tour departure, at Campo San Bartolomeo, in front to the statue of Goldoni. Look for your guide holding a sign with your name on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Oversize luggage
• If you would like to enter Frari Church with your guide, please contact the local operator (pay on the day)