San José: Arenal Volcano, Hot Springs, & Zip Lining w/ Meals
Best Tours for Groups
2019 GetYourGuide Award Winner
Recognizing the best experiences for travelers worldwide. Learn more
Pickup includedPick-up is available from most of the hotels in the San José area. Your exact pick-up time and location will be provided upon reconfirmation of your tour.
- Enjoy a scenic ride through volcanoes, plantations and jungles
- Experience zip lining and rappelling in the rain forest
- Observe wildlife, gorgeous waterfalls and an indigenous culture through a presentation
- Relax in the Paradise Hot Springs at the base of Arenal Volcano
Travel on the most scenic route to the Arenal Volcano area. While stumbling upon a coffee plantation, you will receive a brief introduction into the world of Costa Rican coffee and you will enjoy a degustation of one of the best coffees in the world. Moving forward, you will get the chance to admire two natural wonders: the waterfalls called "La Paz" and "San Fernando". Have a look at the exotic tropical birds of Costa Rica, including many species of hummingbirds and rare emerald toucanets, while you reach the San Fernando Waterfall observation point. Around the area of "Iguana Bridge", where you will have the chance to see plenty of iguanas but also sloths, monkeys, toucans, etc.
Enjoy an authentic Costa Rican lunch in a restaurant located in "La Fortuna". After a well-deserved lunch, experience an exciting zip lining adventure in the local rainforest jungles including 9 canopy cables and a 50 meter (150 feet) rappel on the Arenal River. Learn about the culture while listening to a "Maleku" Indigenous tribe presentation from the locals.
Relax for a couple of hours in the area of Paradise Hot Springs at the base of Arenal Volcano, a series of hot springs pools with naturally heated water, surrounded by the most beautiful tropical gardens. On the way back to your hotel in San José dinner is provided.
- Round-trip transportation from most of the hotels located in the San José area
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance fee for zip lining (including all equipment); or rainforest walk if not doing zip lining
- Entrance fee to the hot springs
- Visit to La Paz Waterfall, San Fernando Waterfall and iguanas & hummingbirds viewing points
- Lunch and dinner
- Mini coffee tour with coffee degustation
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
Prepare for the activity
• Drop off with luggage is available in the centrally located Arenal/La Fortuna area Hotels. Dinner will not be included if you choose this option since the restaurant is on the way back to San Jose. In this case, the cost for dinner will be substituted for the transportation with luggage to your Arenal/La Fortuna area hotel.
• If the zip lining tour has to be canceled due to any reason, it will be replaced with a walk through the rain forest
• This tour includes man-made hot springs pools filled with natural thermal waters
• The minimum age required to participate in the zip lining activity is 5 years