San Francisco: Mission District Walking Food Tour
- Taste scrumptious delights from 5 one-of-a-kind taquerias, mom-and-pop shops and restaurants
- Skip the long lines at a bakery whose chef won the coveted "James Beard Award for Outstanding Pastry in 2008"
- Experience the history, architecture and culture of the Mission District
- Get off the beaten path to taste mouthwatering authentic ethnic foods that have made the neighborhood explode with hot new restaurants
This tour will show you San Francisco's hidden gems, history and best eats. You can stroll the sidewalks in front of colorful Latino markets, smelling the delicious aromas wafting from first-class cafes along this diverse neighborhood's main streets. The Mission District is a neighborhood that manages to always delight visitors, yet remains beloved by San Franciscans. Whatever your taste buds seek, the Mission delivers!
This 3-hour walking tour includes 5 tastings at different establishments. They are subject to change, but usually include 5 of the following places:
• Taqueria Cancun (est. 1985): The most perfectly marinated meat tacos in SF
• Mission Chinese (est. 2010): Where founder Danny Bowien has been nominated for a James Beard Rising Chef Award
• Delfina Pizza (est. 2005): Delicious Neapolitan inspired thin crust pizzas
• Tartine Bakery (est. 2002): The best French-style bakery in San Francisco, where you'll get to skip the lines
• Ali Baba's Cave (est. 2003): The most delicious and moist falafel in San Francisco
• Craftsman and Wolves (est. 2010): Where the paths of food and design intersect
As you stroll from tasting to tasting, your guide will point out and explain the culture, history and landmarks of the area. You'll see colorful Latino markets, Diego Rivera-inspired murals and much more! Whether you're a visitor in town for only a few days, or a local born and raised, you're sure to learn something on this informative tour.
- Food tastings
- Bottled water (some establishments will provide water)
- Gratuity for your guide (typically 15-20%)
Prepare for the activity
The tour will meet in front of The Pirate Store located at 826 Valencia Street, San Francisco (94110). It is located between 19th and 20th streets, 3 blocks west of Mission St. The closest BART stations are 16th St Mission or 24th St Mission.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• Please dress casually and wear comfortable shoes or sneakers