San Francisco: Chinatown Walking Food Tour
- Experience a variety of five delicious foods from the best specialty food stores to ethnic eateries
- Visit the Chinese Fortune Cookie Factory, the oldest Buddhist Temple in San Francisco and an authentic Chinese market
- Taste a variety of styles of Chinese cuisine, including the best baked bun, dim sum and egg tart, all without waiting in the long lines
- Learn from your knowledgable, local tour guide
Explore the remarkable and historic ethnicity, culture and foods that define Hong Kong and mainland China. Taste authentic Cantonese, Mandarin and Szechuan cuisine from five Chinese owned and operated restaurants, food establishments and ethnic bakeries.
Your expert foodies have done extensive and delicious research to offer you the ultimate Chinatown food tour. The tastes, traditions, and old-world class of these landmark establishments are a true San Francisco experience. Let us tease your taste buds with the sweet and savory flavors of delectable authentic Chinese cuisine.
This 3-hour Chinatown tour includes flavorful food specialties served from five of the following places:
• New Hollywood Bakery and Restaurant: Light and buttery buns filled with barbecue-flavored cha siu pork
• Bund Shanghai: Traditional Shanghai-style cuisine
• Grant Place: A local favorite known for Hong Kong style dim sum and Chinese specialties
• Hunan House: The distinctive flavors of Hunan cuisine
• AA Bakery & Café: Freshly made Hong Kong style egg tarts cooked to a smooth flan-like perfection with a buttery and flaky crust
• Z&Y Restaurant: Chef Han has grown in reputation by preparing food for presidents and foreign ministers of the people’s republic of China
Behind every great food establishment in this city there is an equally great story of history, tradition and even innovation. On this Chinatown food tour, you’ll discover these amazing histories while tasting what has made these Chinese restaurants and bakeries so prized among locals.
- All food tastings
- Bottled beverage (some of the food establishments will supply water)
- Guide gratuities (it's customary to tip between 15%-20% of the ticket purchase price)
Prepare for the activity
The tour will meet in front of the East West Bank located at 1066 Grant Ave San Francisco, CA (94133). The cross streets are Pacific and Grant Avenues, please meet on the Grant Avenue side.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• All tastings are prepared in advance at each location, based on the information you provided to us at the time of ticket purchase
• Please be sure to purchase your tickets in advance so that we have adequate time to prepare your tasting substitutions, last minute dietary changes on the tour will not be accommodated
• Our tastings are designed to bring you the best of what each renowned food establishment has to offer
• At locations that specialize in traditional, family recipes, there isn’t always a “next best” option we can offer that will meet your specific dietary needs
• If you have severe food allergies, please contact us or call us at 877-56-TOURS before purchasing tickets for any of our food tours.
• Itinerary is occasionally subject to change
• Please dress casually and wear comfortable shoes or sneakers
You might also like...
Product ID: 192438