San Francisco: Alcatraz Island & Muir Woods Full-Day Tour
Pickup includedPre-arranged hotel pickup is available from most San Francisco hotels. Please include the name of your hotel at the time of booking. Your pickup time will be provided after tour confirmation. Complimentary hotel pickup is available with advance notice. Please call the local operator at 1-415-345-8687 at least 24-hours in advance to arrange pickup service. (Drop-off is not provided).
- Visit Alcatraz Island and take an included cell house audio tour available in 11 languages
- Explore Muir Woods National Monument and admire California's coastal redwoods
- Marvel at a scenic drive over the Golden Gate Bridge
- Enjoy a day with no unwanted surprises as entrance tickets, fees, and ferry rides are included
- Get picked up conveniently at your hotel in San Francisco
Feel the stimulation of all your senses as you journey through a piece of ancient Californian history. Sense the cool, moist air of Northern California's signature fog, and absorb the crisp, redwood fragrance that surrounds you. Lastly, enjoy a scenic drive through the quaint seaside town of Sausalito, a Mediterranean-like village across the San Francisco Bay famous for its sweeping views, timeless sophistication, local boutiques, and cafes.
Next, hop aboard a 30-minute ferry ride across San Francisco Bay to Alcatraz Island, a former federal penitentiary now operated by the National Parks Service. Known to the world as “The Rock,” the prison was famous for housing such inmates as Al “Scarface” Capone, and the “Birdman” Robert Stroud.
Listen in with a 45-minute cell house audio tour available in 11 languages. Hear stories from inmates themselves, as well as other former residents on the island. Step inside a prison cell and get a feel for what life was actually like during that infamous era. Return back to San Francisco at your own leisure; ferry boats return to San Francisco every 30-40 minutes.
Please note that the order of the itinerary is subject to change based on the Alcatraz tour time.
- Alcatraz Island ticket, ferry boat ride, and cell house audio tour
- Muir Woods National Monument entrance ticket
- Complimentary hotel shuttle pickup service
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and beverages
Prepare for the activity
• You must provide the full names of all participants during booking to receive the Alcatraz tickets. If incomplete information is provided, you will not get tickets, nor receive a refund
• The order of the itinerary is subject to change based on the Alcatraz tour time
• Details of the exact tour itinerary will be provided via email upon confirmation of your tour
• The cell house audio tour is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
• The face value of the Alcatraz Ticket is $39.90
• You will have to walk for 10-15 minutes to the Alcatraz landing alone. After your self-guided Alcatraz tour, you must return to your hotel yourself
• The bus tour operates in English with a live guide. Narration is offered in other languages via a mobile app. You must have mobile data to use this feature, as Wi-Fi is not available on the bus