San Francisco: Alcatraz and Golden Gate Electric Bike Tour
- Use your time wisely with a 2-Day combo package that includes a visit to Alcatraz Island and an Electric Bike Guided Tour over the Golden Gate Bridge
- Hop on a ferry to Alcatraz Island and take a self-guided audio tour as your own pace
- Learn about the famous inmates of Alcatraz Island prison and the escape attempts from the island
- Glide up the hills with ease on high-quality electric bikes, and marvel at the stunning views of Fort Mason, Alcatraz, and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Learn about the fascinating history of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge from knowledgeable local guides
Begin your first day experiencing the infamous Alcatraz Island up close with the official U.S. National Parks Service Alcatraz tour. Take a quick ferry boat ride from San Francisco to the Rock, and explore the prison blocks, cells, and outlying buildings that made up the most feared prison in the United States.
Learn about the island’s history from some of its more notorious inmates with the award-winning audio headset tour, available in 11 different languages (Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish). Find out about some of the famous residents, such as Al Capone and “Birdman” Robert Stroud, and hear about the many escape attempts by various inmates over the years. Take your time on Alcatraz and take any ferry back to land whenever you are ready to depart.
On your second day, meet in San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf for your guided bicycle tour through San Francisco. Beginning at the picturesque Aquatic Park in Fisherman’s Wharf then heading down the National Park bike path through Fort Mason, the Marina, and the Presidio.
From there, cycle across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge and into Sausalito, a charming bayside town known for its quirky architecture and stunning waterfront views. The guided portion of the tour ends here, but your all-day bike rental allows you to keep exploring at your leisure. Once you’re done exploring Sausalito, you can continue further to Tiburon with recommendations from your guide. When you are ready to return to San Francisco, you can hop on a scenic ferry ride across the bay, taking in the views of Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the San Francisco skyline. Feel free to continue your venture through San Francisco, and return your bike when you’re ready.
- Alcatraz Island round-trip ferry ticket plus a self-guided audio tour of Alcatraz Island (available in multiple languages)
- 2.5-3 hour guided bike tour to Sausalito
- All-day electric bike rental, maps and route recommendations
- Bicycle safety orientation
- Personalized bike fitting
- Bike lock and key
- Handlebar bag for camera and small items
- Rear rack and bungee cord for larger purses and backpacks
- Optional return ferry ticket from Sausalito or Tiburon (available for purchase in-shop)
- Optional bottled water (available for purchase in-shop)
- Optional electric bicycle damage insurance (available for purchase in-shop)
- Children under 13 years
Prepare for the activity
Day 1 - Alcatraz Please meet at Pier 33 (Alcatraz Landing), San Francisco, CA 94133. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure. Day 2 - Golden Gate Bridge Guided Bike Tour On the second day, please arrive at main location of the local partner, Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals and Tours at 2715 Hyde St, promptly at 9:45 AM for your 10:00 AM departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Credit card
• Please note that all Alcatraz packages are non-refundable and cannot be changed
• For your Alcatraz tour, please arrive at Pier 33 at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled Alcatraz departure time
• Please take a valid form of photo identification to redeem your voucher to visit Alcatraz
• For your Golden Gate Bridge Electric Bike Guided Tour, please take a credit card, which is required for a security deposit on the bike
• Riders must be 13 years of age or older for the Electric Bikes
• Take your own lunch or cash/card to purchase food and snacks after the bike tour
• If you would like to change the date of your Golden Gate Bridge Electric Bike Guided Tour, please call the local partner to check availability for a different day. Please note that you cannot change the date of your Alcatraz tour