San Francisco: Monterey & Carmel Tour with Optional Aquarium
Pickup includedPickup is available from most downtown San Francisco and Fisherman's Wharf hotels. For Hilton Union Square - meet at the Mason street entrance (Eastern entrance). Please call the local operator to re-confirm your exact pickup time and location.
- Take a scenic coastal drive along Pacific coast Highway 1 on this tour from San Francisco
- Explore Monterey's renowned Cannery Row
- Cruise along beautiful 17-Mile Drive, on your way to the charming towns of Pebble Beach, and Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Learn from your knowledgeable expedition leader about Monterey
- Choose to visit the aquarium and marvel at the marine animals
- 1.5 hours
Whale City Bakery Bar & Grill, Davenport, California (break, photo stop, coffee)
- 1 hour
Monterey (break, photo stop, lunch, shopping)
Monterey Bay Aquarium (visit)
17-Mile Drive (photo stop, visit, guided tour)
Pebble Beach Golf Links (photo stop)
Carmel (break, photo stop)
- 1.5 hours
- 1 hour
- Entry not included
At Monterey, you will have 2 hours on your own to explore. You can visit the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, rent a kayak or paddleboard, hike along the coast, or take a bike to roam. You can also stroll among the quaint boutiques and art shops along the historic Cannery Row. Grab a seafood lunch at Old Fisherman’s Wharf.
Enjoy another eyeful of Pacific beauty along the scenic 17-Mile Drive through Del Monte Forest and take photographs of the hardy Lone Cyprus Tree. This famous road winds its way by magnificent homes and the spectacular coastline, between the greens and tees of world famous golf courses, and among the last remaining forest of a rare species of the Monterey Cypress.
Your scenic drive finishes at Pebble Beach Village. Upon arrival in the enchanted town of Carmel-by-the-Sea, you can explore the boutique shops on Ocean Avenue and be dazzled by the white sandy beach. If there is time, you can visit the historic Carmel Mission. Then, it will be time to head back to San Francisco.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from most San Francisco hotels
- Tour narration in English
- Professional local driver and guide
- Entrance fee Monterey Bay Aquarium, if option selected
- Free Wi-Fi on the tour coach
Prepare for the activity
The tour operator is not responsible for loss or damage of personal property on tours or for delays due to accidents, breakdowns, or adverse traffic and weather conditions on tours.