Old Town San Diego: Hop-on Hop-off Narrated Tour
- Choose from more than 100 points of interest in San Diego and Coronado
- Ride through town in an authentic trolley
- Listen to a live guide provide narration and insight as you travel
- See homes from the original Mexican settlements in Old Town San Diego State Historic Park
- Stop off at the San Diego Zoo to see the more than 4,000 animals
- Admire the luxury resort at Coronado
- Stroll through the open space at Balboa Park
- Dine at a restaurant in the historic Gaslamp Quarter
- Receive $70 in discount coupons to use at local restaurants and area attractions
San Diego is known as America’s Finest City, and as you explore the sights of Old Town and the scenic coastline you’ll see why. Opt to begin your tour at the Old Town San Diego State Historic Park, where you’ll see original adobe homes and artifacts from the earliest Mexican settlements.
At the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum you’ll learn about the importance of the U.S. Navy presence in San Diego. Then continue on to nearby Seaport Village, where you can stop for refreshments and enjoy shopping and entertainment.
In the historic Gaslamp Quarter you’ll find loads of shops and other interesting places located in Victorian-themed buildings. One particular house of interest is the William Heath Davis House. Built in saltbox style, it is similar to the original home of Davis, who founded New Town San Diego.
When you’re back on the trolley you’ll be entertained once again by the conductor’s narration. Continue on to the well-known Hotel del Coronado, one of America’s leading resorts. You may choose to take a stroll through nearby Balboa Park, along El Prado, the promenade lined with Spanish-style buildings.
You’ll also probably want to stop at the world-famous San Diego Zoo, which is one of the best anywhere. This exciting attraction features more than 4,000 animals!
With more stops than any other tour, this hop-on hop-off trolley ride is guaranteed to deliver. In addition to sightseeing, enjoy free shuttle service to and from select area hotels, a map and day planner, and $70 in discount coupons to use at restaurants and area attractions.
Hop on or Hop off at 10 convenient stops:
Old Town State Historic Park
San Diego Harbor Cruise Ship Terminal/USS Midway Aircraft Carrier
Marriott Marquis & Marina
McP's Irish Pub near Hotel del Coronado.
Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo and El Prado Museums
- Free shuttle service from major area hotels
- Ticket for hop-on-hop-off day tour
- Tour brochure with map and day planner
- Discount coupons worth $70 for attractions and restaurants in the San Diego area
- Tips and gratuities
Prepare for the activity
You can start your tour from any of the boarding locations: Old Town State Historic Park - 4010 Twiggs Street San Diego Harbor Cruise Ship Terminal/USS Midway Aircraft Carrier - 1460 North Harbor Drive Seaport Village - 500 Kettner Blvd. Marriott Marquis & Marina - 333 West Harbor Drive Horton Plaza - Broadway Circle at Horton Plaza Gaslamp Quarter - 4th Street & Island Ave. Hilton Bayfront - 1 Park Blvd. McP's Irish Pub near Hotel del Coronado - 1107 Orange Ave. Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo and El Prado Museums - 1549 El Prado in Balboa Park Little Italy - Corner of India Street & Cedar StreetOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Tours depart from boarding locations approximately every 30 minutes
• There are no tours on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day