Salzburg: Historical Walking Tour
- Discover the history of Salzburg
- Explore Salzburg's Baroque old town with its beautiful churches and cathedrals
- Learn about Salzburg's most famous historical figures, such as Mozart and the Von Trapp family
- See the beautiful Mirabell Gardens
- Walk along Getreidegasse, a medieval alley full of shops and high-end boutiques
On this 2-hour guided walking tour, you can take in examples of Salzburg's breathtaking legacy of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque artistry while learning about the city's fascinating history. Meet your knowledgeable local guide at the spectacular Mirabell Gardens and Palace. Wander through the elaborate Italian Baroque-style palace gardens, and view its famous statues.
Crossing a footbridge into Salzburg's Baroque old town, see the house where Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born and learn about his life and work. Then, stroll down Getreidegasse and admire the picturesque streets and hidden byways of the old city. Stop at Salzburg Dome Cathedral and visit St. Peter's Monastery, one of the oldest monasteries in Austria and home to one of the world's oldest restaurants.
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
This tour is held daily at 11:30 AM and departs from the Panorama Bus Terminal on Mirabellplatz, on the corner of Hubert-Sattler-Gasse 1, right in front of St. Andrew's Church. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes