Salvador: Half-Day Saramandaia Favela Tour
Pickup includedYour hotel lobby
- See one of the biggest favelas in Salvador
- Learn about the life inside a shanty town
- Come to help a community in social changing
- Enjoy the intimacy of a small group of maximum 6 people
Like many other similar communities, it is characterized by abject poverty and insufficient assistance by governmental bodies, and consequently resulting in high rates of violence. In this context, 3 residents have elaborated strategies that seek to reclaim the historical identity of its residents.
Despite facing multiple barriers, in 2003 they founded the conscious art project, an initiative that has been transforming the community's reality, by providing assistance to young men and women, aiming at transforming their unfavorable conditions of socioeconomic exclusion.
On this tour, you'll visit this important social project that seeks to transform their lives through arts and sports, utilizing graffiti, capoeira, boxing and percussion in organized courses and workshops. This tour promotes interaction and participation between you, the students and members of the community, so that you can experience the transforming power of these initiatives.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local tour guide from the favela
- Food and drinks