Salem History Tour: Winter Edition
- Learn about the 1692 witchcraft hysteria that resulted in the executions of 20 innocent people
- Discover why Salem is considered by many as the birthplace of the American Revolution
- Delve into the macabre as you hear tales of the supernatural
On this 1.5-hour tour, you will see sites that relate to the 1692 Salem witch trials and hear compelling stories that once shook the town to the core. There are also locations that have incredible significance to the American Revolution; the US may not be the same US without Salem. The seaport was arguably the richest in America in the early 1800s and was frequented by ships that brought goods from all over the world.
The city is home to inventors, as well as famous political leaders, and has been visited by countless celebrities who have shot movies and TV shows within the city and its environs. At the end of the tour, you will be regaled with a tale of the supernatural activity that plagues the city even still.
- Live guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
Prepare for the activity
Meet at 1805 Custom House on Central Street in downtown Salem. There are two Custom Houses; do not go to the Custom House in the Seaport District. Look out for the sign that hangs on the building, as well as a sandwich board, sign on the wall, and sign on the door.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Video recording
• This tour is subject to weather conditions and may be cancelled at the local partner's discretion; in this case, a refund will be issued