Dakhla Bay: Catamaran Sailing Adventure to Dragon Island
Pickup includedThe car will meet you at your hotel or residence 30 minutes before the activity starts. Please wait in the lobby of town hotels or in the car park of out of town hotels 5 minutes before the pickup time. Drivers will wait no longer than 10 minutes after the scheduled pickup time.
- Relax onboard the spacious catamaran or choose to be active and try your hand at sailing
- Marvel at the breathtaking desert landscapes as you sail along the sandbanks
- Look out for dolphins, flamingos, and other wading birds
- Discover the magical Dragon Island and swim from the white sand beaches
- Climb the hill on the island for a panoramic view of the bay
Choose to relax and let the crew take the strain, or get actively involved with the sailing by raising sails, steering, and learning how the catamaran uses the wind — all under the supervision of the qualified crew. Snacks and soft drinks will be served by the crew and are available for the whole trip for you to enjoy.
During the tour, sail along the sand banks where you may see flamingos and other wading birds. Keep an eye out for dolphins too. There are two types in the bay: bottlenose dolphins, who love to play and swim by the boat, and the rare and shy humpback dolphins. There's no guarantee you'll see them but they are often there — hopefully, you'll get lucky.
At Dragon Island, the crew will drop anchor and take you by service boat to the island where you will have one hour to explore, swim, or climb the hill for some panoramic views. Later, return by service boat to the catamaran and enjoy the sail back to base, with more opportunities to spot dolphins and seabirds. On returning to base, a car will take you back to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Dakhla
- Life jackets
- Soft drinks
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
• You will need to climb some steps to get onto the catamaran
• You may need to walk in shallow water to get on and off the service boat at the island
• The car will meet you at your hotel or residence 30 minutes before the activity starts