Wai-O-Tapu & Te Puia Small-Group Day Tour From Rotorua
- Enjoy a small-group experience of two of Rotorua's top geothermal and cultural sights
- Experience up to four geysers in one day including the largest in the Southern Hemisphere
- Visit a Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland to see the stunning Champagne Lake and hot bubbling mud pools
- Discover Maori culture at Te Puia Maori Village on a guided tour and learn the history of the Maori people
- Go to the Kiwi enclosure to get up close to this iconic New Zealand native
After pick-up from your hotel, travel to Wai-O-Tapu to experience volcanic activity, thousands of years in the making. See Lady Knox Geyser erupt to heights of 10 to 20 metres in a natural amphitheatre. Enjoy live commentary on both the geyser and the history of the area. Discover a uniquely different natural landscape in one of the most extensive geothermal systems in New Zealand. Discover the area through a series of clearly defined tracks that offer different walks ranging from 30 to 75 minutes.
In the afternoon, visit Te Puia Maori Village. Explore Te Whakarewarewa geothermal valley, showcasing the famous Rotorua mud pools and over 500 geothermal wonders, including the Pohutu Geyser, the Southern Hemisphere’s largest active geyser. See the iconic New Zealand kiwi bird at the Kiwi House and viewing enclosure. Home to the New Zealand Māori Arts & Crafts Institute, see traditional Māori carving and weaving performed before your eyes. Hear ancestral stories of the Māori settlement in Rotorua and about culture. Tour concludes with your safe return to your hotel.
- Pick-up and drop off from all Rotorua accommodation
- Experienced driver-guide
- Live commentary
- Entry to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland & Te Puia
Prepare for the activity
• There is the opportunity to enjoy lunch (at own expense), a little souvenir shopping and free time at both venues