Rotorua Sights and Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
- Embark on a full-day sightseeing tour from Rotorua to Hobbiton
- Learn about New Zealand agriculture at the Rotorua Agrodome
- Experience the unique Rotorua geothermal landscape
- Journey into Middle-earth on an expertly-guided Hobbiton tour
- Listen to informative commentary from your knowledgeable driver guide
During this tour you will discover wildlife, volcanic landscapes, and Maori culture, as well as visiting the Hobbiton village movie set to see the famous Hobbit holes for yourself.
See the best of Rotorua, beginning with Te Puia – renowned for its Maori culture, arts and crafts and for its bubbling mud pools and thermal springs. Discover the native wildlife, including the famous New Zealand Kiwi at Rainbow Springs Nature Park. Learn all about the agricultural industry and the sheep dog trials and sheep shearing displays at the Agrodome.
You will then move on to the Hobbiton movie set coach tour. Sit back and take in the views from the wifi-equipped coach as you cross the rugged Kaimai Ranges to the rich farmland near Matamata, where many scenes were filmed for the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies.
Your guide will give you the inside story on how the farmland was transformed into The Shire of Middle Earth and you can capture photographs of Hobbit holes, the Green Dragon Inn, the Mill, and many other structures from the movies to wow your friends and family back home. After the movie set tour you will be transferred safely back to Rotorua.
- Entrance to all included attractions
- Hobbiton movie set guided tour
- Pick-up / drop-off from selected hotels in Rotorua
- Free wifi on the coach
- Food and beverages