Looking for a personalized tour with a friendly local? An historic living Maori village with hissing steam, boiling hot pools and culturally significant sites? Or just discovering what most visitors never get to see or do? Look no further.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1 hour
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Visit one of New Zealand's only living Maori and geothermal villages - also the spiritual home to the well known Morrison family.
- See how mother nature provides for daily bathing, cooking and heating.
- Enter one of the few beautifully carved churches left in New Zealand and take time to appreciate its peacefulness.
- Meet knowledgeable and friendly locals that are passionate about sharing their culture, history and stories with people from around the world.
- Learn why Rotorua is the birthplace of tourism in New Zealand and the cultural heart of the Nation.
- A private one hour guided tour that is personalized to suit
- Entry into St Faith's Anglican church
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
1 Mataiawhea Street, Rotorua Lakefront, Rotorua - the carpark area behind St Michael's churchOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Closed-toe shoes
- Reusable water bottle
- Face mask or protective covering
Know before you go
- The tour includes walking up and down some hills and operates all year around including during inclement weather
- It is wheelchair friendly and is outdoors so visitors are recommended to have appropriate footwear, clothing and accessories
- It is best to have children in their strollers for the duration of the tour and to be supervised at all times
- If visitors have special requirements, it is recommend that these are made clear at the time of booking