Mitai Cultural Concert, Hangi and Rainbow Springs Night Tour
Pickup includedPick up and drop off available from central Rotorua hotels. Provide your accommodation details when booking and the local operator will your confirm your pickup information.
- Combine a cultural experience with an enchanting night visit to Rainbow Springs
- Enjoy an authentic introduction to Maori culture
- Savor a traditional earth-cooked Hangi dinner
- Immerse yourself in nature with exclusive night access to Rainbow Springs
- View the unique Kiwi bird when they are at their most active
- Learn about culture, history, flora, fauna, and glowworms
After complimentary hotel pickup, enjoy the hospitality of the Mitai family during your evening cultural experience. Witness Maori warriors paddling an ancient war canoe on the Wai-o-whiro Stream and receive a warm welcoming from the Maori women. Watch as your Hangi dinner is lifted from the ground and learn how this traditional feast is prepared.
Enjoy an informative and entertaining cultural concert performance. Be captivated by songs, dances, and games, complete with the spine-tingling Haka Maori war dance. Then sit down for an authentic hangi dinner featuring a selection of New Zealand meats and poultry, vegetables, and fresh salads, topped off with a tempting dessert. Your evening at Mitai will conclude with a short bushwalk to the sacred Fairy Springs where you'll hear stories of this land and glimpse glowworms.
Continue to Rainbow Springs Nature Park where you'll be guided through the park on an exclusive night tour. Enjoy an easy walk, led by a knowledgeable local guide. Absorb the sights and sounds of the natural environment at night, beautifully enhanced by hundreds of garden lights. Go inside a kiwi enclosure to see the birds up close and hear them forage for bugs. View nocturnal creatures and listen for the striking calls of nocturnal birds. Your experience concludes with your transfer back to your hotel.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- 3-hour evening experience
- Hangi buffet meal including dessert
- Cultural performance
- Short guided bush walk
- Guided night tour of Rainbow Springs Nature Park
- Visit Kiwi enclosure and bird aviaries
- Beverages (available for purchase)
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes