Hot Pools Kayak & Evening Barbecue
Pickup includedComplimentary transfers are available from central Rotorua commercial accommodation approximately 30 minutes before the trip if required.
- Paddle across scenic Lake Rotoiti to a range of hot pools
- Take a relaxing soak in the lake
- Enjoy a beautiful sunset and visit the glow-worm caves
- Eat a tasty Kiwi barbecue dinner
During the paddle your guide will tell you some of the area's history and discuss local Maori legends. Situated right on the lake edge there are a range of hot pools of varying temperatures, all fed from a natural hot spring.
There is plenty of free time to swim in the lake or enjoy a leisurely soak in the hot pools while your guide cooks an appetising Kiwi barbecue dinner. After dinner, enjoy a sunset paddle across the lake and a visit to the glow-worm caves.
- Complimentary transfers from central Rotorua accommodation (30 minutes before the trip)
- Full training and all required specialist equipment
- Barbecue dinner
- Swimsuit and towel
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
• Recommended maximum weight limit 125 kilograms
• Paddling time around 2 hours (approximately 1 hour each way). Allow 6 to 6.5 hours (around 7 hours including transfers)
• The supplier operates within strict safety guidelines, however adventure activities by their very nature involve a degree of risk. By partaking in these activities guests agree to assume this risk and will be required to sign a waiver of liability
• The supplier reserves the right to cancel or amend any trip due to safety issues, weather, wind or road conditions, or insufficient numbers
• Available November to April