Vatican, St. Peter's and Sistine Chapel Tour
- Journey through the art and architecture of the Vatican City
- Wander the vast galleries of the Vatican Museums
- Enter Michelangelo's sublime Sistine Chapel
- See the rare Raphael Rooms and popes' private chambers
- Marvel at Michelangelo's "La Pieta"
- Discover statues and sculpture from the days of Ancient Rome
- Explore St. Peter's Basilica to experience the majesty of one of the world's largest churches
Start at the Vatican Museums to see Roman art from 3 artistic styles: The Baroque, Renaissance, and Medieval. Marvel at statues and sculptures from Ancient Rome, and see mosaics and crafts from imperial times. Along the way, learn more than 2,000 years of history from an art historian guide.
Go to the Raphael Rooms, a suite of 4 reception rooms that are rarely appreciated publicly. See the frescoes and mural paintings of the popes’ private chambers. Next, enter the miraculous Sistine Chapel for an explanation of Michelangelo’s chapel to Pope Julius II. Look up at the famous ceiling painting before you enter St. Peter’s Basilica.
Enter one of the largest and most important churches in the world. Admire the Renaissance architecture and art by Donato Bramante, Carlo Maderno, Gian Lorenzo Bernini, and Michelangelo. Look at Michelangelo’s sublime “Pietà” sculpture, along with other sacred works of art.
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets
- English-speaking historian guide
- Earphone system
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
Walk following the walls of the Vatican city until you reach the entrance to the museums. There are two gates, one of them is situated on top of few steps, on top of the gate there are two statues, under the statues the inscription: MUSEI VATICANI. The group will meet in front of this gate. The guide will hold a sign: ONCE IN ROME.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
• Minimum numbers apply for this tour. Your tour may be cancelled after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the requirements. In the event of a cancellation, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• Please note that you should not carry large bags on the tour, as these items won't be admitted inside the attractions
• Areas around the museums or basilica are sometimes closed. In the event of a partial closure of some attractions, no refund is admitted. Your guide will take you to other areas of the museums