Vatican Museum Early Entrance and Appian Way Catacombs
- Admire the Vatican Museum with nearly no one around
- Explore one of the most extraordinary art collections in the world enriched by incredible masterpieces by the greatest Italian artists
- Enjoy an in-depth experience in one of the most exciting and visited places in Rome, the Catacombs on the Appian Way
- Admire ancient frescoes, crypts, mausoleums, sarcophagi, and tombs
Discover the treasures of one of the largest and most-visited museums of the world containing one of the most extraordinary collections of art in the world. Admire masterpieces by artists such as Leonardo da Vinci, Perugino, Beato Angelico, and many more. Then, pause in the Sistine Chapel where you can marvel at Michelangelo's masterpiece. From there, visit St. Peter's Basilica at your own pace enjoying a special privileged entrance.
After your Vatican tour, head to the local partner's office located at via Della Polveriera 8 (on your own) by 1:45 PM. Get ready to enjoy an in-depth experience in one of the most exciting and visited places in Rome, the Catacombs on the Appian Way. You'll descend into a complex network of underground tunnels, which are among the longest in the world. Admire ancient frescoes, crypts rich in inscriptions, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, and of course, tombs. You'll find the burial sites of famous people like popes, martyrs and, according to legend, even some apostles. You will visit the San Calisto, San Sebastiano, or Santa Domitilla Catacombs (these might change depending on the day).
- All fees and taxes
- Professional guide
- 3h Vatican early entrance guided tour
- 45/50-minute Catacombs tour
- Small group tour
- Skip-the-line entrance
- Transfer from Via Della Polveriera to the Catacombs
- Food and drinks
- Guide service during the transfer to the Catacombs
- Hotel pickup
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Vatican Museum - Meeting time 7:15 AM. From Ottaviano Metro Station, proceed west on Viale Giulio Cesare towards Via Otranto 200 m (657 feet). Turn left and take Via Leone IV (your destination is on the right). Meeting time 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. Catacombs - Meeting time 1:45 PM. Above Colosseum Metro Station (Largo Gaetana Agnesi). Once there, cross the small pedestrian bridge and go to Via Della Polveriera 8, just a few steps from the end of the pedestrian bridge. Your driver will pick you up at our office. On-site Assistance: +39 0669332557 Emergency Number : +393288489092 Main Office: +39 0683527544Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable clothes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
- Sleeveless shirts
• Group tickets are used for this tour. Individual tickets cannot be issued.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure up to 20/30 min.
• The tour will not run on religious holidays.
• The tour is not accessible to those with walking disabilities or who use a wheelchair. If you have any other kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment etc ) or anything that might influence your attendance, please communicate this in advance.
• Transportation to the Catacombs will be lead by a professional driver (not a guide).
• For safety reasons, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to customers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication.
• Valid ID is required for all customers.
• Child discount is applied only with ID.