Tuscany: Full-Day Excursion from Rome
- Visit San Gimignano, world-famous for its white wine called Vernaccia
- Marvel at the medieval architecture of Tuscany’s towns
- Enjoy a wine tasting in Torciano
The town of Montepulciano was a crucial trading center for Tuscany from the Middle Ages through the Renaissance. Its fame today derives from its world-renowned red wine.
Proceed to the town of Montalcino, which has always been of major importance to the region due to its strategic hilltop position. It is home to Brunello, the well-known Tuscan red wine. Brunello is produced exclusively from the Sangiovese Grosso grape. The country’s average annual production is nearly 8 million bottles.
Next on your tour is a stop in Siena, where you’ll see the medieval towers and alleyways that characterize this elegant town. The Piazza del Campo, the shell-shaped main town square, is one of the most unique in Italy. This is the home to the famous horse race known as the Palio one of the country’s best-preserved medieval traditions.
- Mercedes minivan
- Professional English-speaking driver/guide
- Admission tickets to attractions and monuments
- Cost of lunch
- Wine tasting in Torciano
- Tour guide
Prepare for the activity
• Please note that you will not have a tour guide. You will explore the stops on the tour on your own, and your driver will give you information about each of the stops