Tivoli: Hadrian's Villa and Villa d'Este Half-Day Tour
Pickup includedPick-up available at your accommodation inside the Aurelian Walls.
- Visit 2 stunning villas on the outskirts of Rome
- Explore Hadrian's Villa, once more important than imperial Rome
- Relax and enjoy the pick-up and drop off at your city center hotel
- See the Renaissance architecture and gardens of Villa d'Este
- Travel in comfort in an air-conditioned van with a maximum of 6 participants
Your destination is Hadrian's Villa, built in the 2nd century by Emperor Hadrian, once more grand than the center of Imperial Rome. Discover a multitude of exquisite fountains and flower gardens. See the caryatids and columns of the Canopus and Serapeum, the villa's pool and artificial grotto, named after an Egyptian city where a temple was dedicated to the god Serapis.
You will also see the island “Maritime Theatre,” on which sits a small Roman house that was probably used as a retreat from busy court life.
Continue to Villa d'Este, a beautiful Renaissance villa with exquisite Italianate gardens that's full of grottoes, frescoes, and pebble mosaics. See sites such as the Fontana dell'Ovato, Le Cento Fontane (The Hundred Fountains), and more.
- Entrance fees to Villa d'Este & Villa Adriana
- Local guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan (up to 6 seats)
- Pick-up and drop off service avalaible for hotels inside the interior of the Aurelian Walls
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• No refunds for missed flights, buses, trains etc.
• Total refund for cancellations made within 72 hours of tour departure