Tivoli Day Trip: Hadrian's Villa and Villa d'Este with Lunch
- Enjoy a guided tour of Hadrian's Villa and Villa d'Este
- Admire the fountains, waterfalls, and pools in the Villa d'Este gardens
- Stop for a delicious lunch at a typical local restaurant
You’ll meet your expert guide in Rome, board a comfortable air-conditioned coach, and proceed to Hadrian’s Villa for a guided walking tour.
Hadrian’s Villa was built as a retreat from Rome for the Roman Emperor Hadrian during the 2nd century A.D. Your guide will help you will step back in time as you explore the archaeological ruins of Hadrian’s Villa and the complex of temples, statues, theaters, and thermal baths.
From Hadrian’s Villa the coach will take you to a spot near Villa d’Este, where you’ll have a break to enjoy a delicious lunch at a typical local restaurant.
After the lunch break, you learn about the intriguing history of the Renaissance when you visit the romantic Villa d’Este, a former Benedictine convent. Walk with your guide through villa’s stunning gardens, marvel at its impressive waterfalls and pools, and see the famous Fountain of Neptune.
At the end of the day you’ll take the coach back to Rome to the original departure point.
- Professional guide
- All admission fees
- Headsets when needed
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Lunch (set menu)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
• A minimum of 6 participants will be on this tour