Skip the Line: Colosseum and Roman Forum Walking Tour
- Experience Ancient Rome in the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Ascend the Palatine Hill for a magnificent view of Rome
- Admire the Arch of Constantine and the Ancient Via Sacra
- Enjoy the undivided attention of your expert guide on this small group or private tour
Get inside the daily life of ancient Rome with a visit to its most bustling center of activity, the Roman Forum – see the temples, squares and legal buildings that would have defined this area.
Continue onward to the Palatine Hill, the mythological birthplace of Rome’s founder, Romulus, to see a spectacular view of the modern city, plus the ruins of Nero’s Golden House and the Circus Maximus. Stop at the Arch of Constantine, the most magnificent triumphal arch of Rome’s first Christian Emperor.
Finally, walk down the Via Sacra; the most important road in Ancient Rome. This road runs from the Capitoline Hill to the Colosseum and used to be the site of the Temple of the Vestal Virgins – where the symbolic fire of the city would be kept alight.
- Semi-private tour for up to 12 participants
- No waiting in line at entrances
- Entrance fees to the Colosseum and Roman Forum
Prepare for the activity
Largo Gaetana Agnesi, by the large red "M" sign just outside the "Colosseum" metro station (upper level). Please note that there are 2 exits/entrances at the station, one at street level and the other at the upper level. Our guide will be waiting for you at the upper level exit/entrance and hold a sign with the logo of Roma Experience.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
• Please carry a valid form of photo ID with you: copy or photo of original document is allowed
• This tour does not accommodate people with limited mobility or walking difficulties due to uneven surfaces and steep stairs along the way
• Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security checkpoint. Liquids/sprays are prohibited from entering, as well as knives and weapons of self-defence
• As this tour takes place outdoors, comfortable footwear is recommended and participants are expected to take weather appropriate precautions
• Water bottles can be refilled along the route at the public water fountains
• Backpacks and large bags are not permitted inside the Colosseum, and there is no cloakroom service at the site