Rome: 3-Hour Borghese Gallery Small Group Tour
- Skip the long lines to the Borghese Gallery, one of Rome's most popular museums
- Enjoy an intimate, small group tour of no more than 12 people
- Admire sculptures and paintings by Caravaggio, Bernini, Raphael and many others
- Get a spectacular view of Rome from the Pincio Terrace
- Hear stories of looted churches and artist workshops, and art obtained without cause
Housed in a stunning villa just outside the Porta Pinciana, the collection has been described as the “Queen of all Private Art Collections.” One of the most interesting, charming, elegant and compact art museums in Rome, the collection is neither chronologically arranged, nor very ordinate. Instead, it is a personal, lovingly matched collection that reveals the personalities and tastes of 2 people: Gian Lorenzo Bernini, the greatest of the Baroque artists; and Scipione Cardinal Borghese, the greatest art collector, who initiated the Roman Baroque.
Explore his passion for art, for which he had an infallible instinct, and his unscrupulousness in obtaining the works of art he wanted to posses. Highlights of the museum are many, but include Raffaello's “Woman with the Unicorn,” Domenichino's “Diana,” Botticelli's “Madonna and Child,” and Caravaggio's “David.”
Marvel at Bernini's “Apollo and Daphne,” Canova's “Paolina,” and Tiziano's “Amor Sacro & Amor Profano.” Hear a never ending drama of untold stories about art being stolen from churches, artists being sent to jail, their workshops devastated by Borghese's confiscations, mysterious deaths, and other stories of intrigue and passion that explain how the Baroque could sometimes cost more than life itself.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket
- English-speaking guide
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at the main entrance to the Borghese Gallery at Piazzale del Museo Borghese. The easiest way to reach the meeting point is by taxi, but it is also walkable from the top of the Spanish Steps. From the "Spagna" Metro Station, exit the station and ascend the staircase. Turn left, following the signs through the park towards the Galleria (about a 20-minute walk). Please be sure to arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour starts. The guide will leave at the designated time and will not wait for late customers.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• Please note that due to staircases the tour is not suitable for guests with mobility issues
• This small group tour is limited to a maximum of 12 people
• This tour is only available in English
• The tour will take place in all weather conditions
You might also like...
Product ID: 60186