Rome: Small-Group Domus Aurea and Colosseum VR Tour
- Marvel at the Colosseum and Emperor Nero's Palace
- Watch as Ancient Rome comes to life before your eyes with your VR glasses
- Skip the long lines of tourists at the Colosseum
- Benefit from a small-group experience with a local tour guide
Next, head down the street through the Colle Oppio park towards Emperor Nero’s Golden Palace – the Domus Aurea. In the company of an expert art history or archaeology guide, walk through the palace which is currently an active excavation site. Witness Ancient Rome's extreme wealth and power as you admire Nero's pavilions, lakes, parks, and temples through impressive Augmented Reality reconstructions. Walk through the many rooms and corridors and discover ancient artifacts and frescoes still adorning the walls of the palace today.
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets
- VR goggles
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
In front of the SOS sign outside the main entrance of the Colosseum Metro Station. Please note there is an upper and lower floor: your guide will be at the lower floor SOS sign, right across the street and on the same ground level as the Colosseum itself.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
• Please keep in mind the group size will increase to 22 in the Domus Aurea as per policy
• One pair of original VR cardboard glasses will be distributed and gifted to every 2 people on the tour
• In order to use the glasses, you are required to download an app (via Apple or Android store) prior to the tour and bring the smartphone with the app on the day of the tour.
• VR cardboard glasses by no means replace your tour guide's efforts and descriptions and serve only as an enhancement to the tour.
• The glasses are not a video game, but instead, offer 360-degree visual reconstructions of the architectural wonders that surround you