Rome: Saint Peter's Basilica Private Visit
- Enjoy a private guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City
- Skip the line with fast track for the entrance in the Basilica
- Visit the most famous UNESCO world heritage site in Italy and the biggest Christian church in the world
Then, leave St Peter's Square and continue into the tour's main attraction, St Peter's Basilica with a priority-access service. As you walk, hear tales of the popes, pilgrims, and legendary artists who, throughout history, have helped make St Peter's Basilica the awe-inspiring place it is today.
Head straight in and gaze up in wonder at the incredible cupolone, the church’s dome, created by colorful Renaissance sculptor, Michelangelo. You will also see his beautiful La Pietà sculpture, as well as various mosaic works.
Stop at the statue of St Peter and kiss or rub his foot for a blessing, before walking over to the tomb of Pope John Paul II. As you continue through the church, your guide will show you Bernini’s lavish, bronze canopy altar, known as the baldacchino. Positioned right in the center of the building, the altar marks the tomb of St Peter underneath.
Your tour finishes in St Peter's Basilica, where you can stay if you want to spend more time exploring this sacred place independently.
- Official St. Peter's guide
- Headsets to hear the guide
- Tips and gratuities
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is located, as you face the Basilica, under the right side colonnade, just in the middle, next to the Police Hurdle. The staff (wearing a blue jacket with the Vox Mundi logo printed on it) will wait for you to accompany you, through a dedicated gate, inside the Basilica.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• There will be an airport-style security check before you enter St. Peter's Basilica; please leave liquids and sharp items at home and carry your possessions in a lightweight bag (you may be refused entrance to St. Peter's Basilica if you do not follow this)