Rome: Combined Tour of the Vatican and Rome by Night
- Discover the endless wonders of the Vatican Museums
- Walk through the Roman Forum at sunset
- Admire Bernini’s stupendous fountain at Piazza Navona
Your journey through the Vatican’s past will end in St. Peter’s Basilica. After the tour, there will be time for you to make your way to the meeting point for the second tour, which will begin at the exit of the Colosseum’s metro station. As you walk through the Roman Forum at sunset, another journey into the ancient Roman Empire will begin as your guide reveals the history of its political intrigues, battles and betrayals. Your next few steps will lead you to Piazza Venezia and after, the notorious Trevi Fountain - the largest in Rome and one of the most famous fountains in the world. Newly restored, you will be amazed by the brightness of the white stone and its astonishing beauty.
Making your way through the characteristic Roman streets (which are even more enchanting at night,) reach Piazza della Rotonda - home to the Pantheon. Its famous perforated dome still remains the largest and most significant one ever built. From there, walk towards Piazza Navona, stopping to admire Bernini’s stupendous fountain which will be your last attraction of the day. Go your separate way in one of the most cherished squares in the city, beautifully lit on a magical Roman evening. These two tours will shine light onto two different worlds unknown to you previously, allowing you to catch a glimpse of Rome’s extraordinary ancient past and its fascinating daily life, leaving you enchanted for a lifetime.
- Walking tour
- Vatican admission fees
- Expert guide
- Small groups (maximum 25)
- Internal visits of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Pantheon
- Hotel pick-up
- Food and drink
- Transfer between tours
Prepare for the activity
First tour leaves from via Germanico 8 and ends into St. Peter's Basilica 3-hours later. Second tour starts at 18:30 from Metro B line exit Colosseo - street level, behind the green kiosk and ends in Piazza Navona 3-hours later. Please note that from April 18, 2018 the meeting point is in Via Vespasiano 46A.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20 to 30 minutes to clear security
• A dress code is required to enter the Vatican Museums and knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will be refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements
You might also like...
Product ID: 87866