Rome: Modern Architecture VIP Tour by Private Car
Pickup includedPick-up from your hotel, or any other location of your choice in Rome. An additional charge applies to hotels located outside the city center
- Explore the innovative new architecture of Rome
- Visit buildings by Zaha Hadid, Richard Meier, Renzo Piano and more
- Go to the ground-breaking National Museum of the 21st Century Arts
- Discover some of the lesser known neighborhoods of Rome
- See the site of the 1960 Olympic Games, now home to the Auditorium Parco della Musica
Drive to the multi-functional Auditorium Parco della Musica, Rome’s "City of Music." Situated on the site of the 1960 Olympic Games, the complex includes spaces for commercial, recreational, exhibition and study activities that take nicknames such as the “computer mice” “turtle” and “blob.”
Go to the MAXXI (National Museum of the 21st Century Arts), designed by Zaha Hadid after an international design competition. The multifaceted space blends art and cutting edge architecture to create an innovative complex for music, photography and film.
Next, admire Richard Meier’s Ara Pacis Museum, built to house the ancient Ara Pacis altar commissioned by Emperor Augustus. Conclude at the Museum of Contemporary Art of Rome (MACRO), housed in a former brewery and former slaughterhouse. Its permanent collection includes a selection of abstract art that is among the finest examples of the Italian art scene since the 1960s.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by private car
- Driver at your disposal throughout
- Any service not explicitly mentioned in "what's included"
- Entrance tickets
Prepare for the activity
• Admission to the museums mentioned is free, with the exception of the exhibiton space
• The Auditorium Parco della Musica is open Monday to Saturday from 11:00-18:00 (10:00-18:00 Sundays and holidays) from October to March, and from 11:00-20:00 Monday to Saturday (10:00-20:00 Sundays and holidays) from April-September
• The Ara Pacis Museum is open from 09:00-19:00 Tuesday to Sunday
• MACRO is open from 11:00-19:00 Tuesday to Sunday (except Saturdays: 11:00-22:00)
• MAXXI is open from 11:00-19:00 Tuesday to Sunday (except Saturdays: 11:00-22:00)
• Please note that museum opening times are subject to alteration
• A tour guide is not included, so you may wish to bring a guidebook. Remember to check on the website the opening times of the location you want to visit and the price of entrance ticket.