Tuscany Taster Tour: Round-trip from Rome with Lunch & Wine
- Enjoy a traditional 3-course gourmet lunch with local wine pairings, seated in an authentic vineyard wine cellar
- Listen to captivating commentary and history about this world-famous region
- Find peace and stillness at Sant’Antimo Abbey — the perfect respite from the crowds and sounds of Rome
- Relax with 45 minutes of free time in Pienza to seek out famous locally produced cheeses, wines, and balsamic vinegar
First is a walking tour in the hill town of Montepulciano, led by a local expert guide, taking in an ancient but still-functioning wine cellar and ruins that pre-date Rome.
Next is Sant’Antimo Abbey, a masterpiece of medieval architecture nestled in a peaceful valley. Gregorian chants will swell all around as you explore the hushed, evocative scene.
Just a short drive away is the highlight of any trip to Tuscany: lunch. In the wine cellar of an authentic vineyard farmhouse, you’ll enjoy a 3-course meal with wine pairings — including the famous Brunello di Montalcino and varieties from the vineyard itself.
You can buy your souvenir Tuscan wine here or wait for the final stop: the picturesque town of Pienza. Your tour leader will offer advice on the way here, but once you arrive it’s up to you how to spend your time: shopping for pecorino cheese, balsamic vinegar, wines and other local specialties, finding the perfect photo opportunity, or simply wandering the streets like a local.
Then it’s back to Rome in air-conditioned comfort — fulfilled, relaxed and ready for the next day.
- Round-trip transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Guided tour of Montepulciano (groups no larger than 25 people)
- English-speaking tour guide
- Headsets (where necessary)
- Gourmet lunch and wine tasting at a Tuscan farm
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
Meeting time: 07:15 Departure time: 07:30 Meet in the center of Rome's Piazza del Popolo, by the large fountain with the lions and the obelisk. The nearest metro stop is Flaminio (Line A).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Sleeveless shirts
A fair amount of walking is involved, so comfortable shoes are recommended.
Wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
Entrance to churches requires appropriate dress. Shoulders and knees must be covered. Entry may be refused due to improper dress.