3-Hour Imperial Rome Segway PT Authorized Tour
- Glide around Rome on a 21st century chariot – the Segway
- See the Arch of Constantine, the Colosseum, and other famous sights
- Admire Circus Maximo, once the biggest circus in Ancient Rome
This tour takes in a number of sights in Imperial Rome. It starts at the Circus Massimo, then moves further down San Gregorio Street, where you will reach Constantine’s Arch, which celebrates the Emperor’s victory over Maxentius in 315 AD. From there, you can get a lovely view of the Colosseum, the most famous Roman Circus and symbol of Rome, where gladiators fought against each other for almost five centuries.
You may want to walk around the Colosseum and view the Forum Imperial Street, which leads to Venezia Square, the medieval fortress-palace. From there you can see the Vittoriano, a shining white limestone Altar built in the middle of the city.
Leaving the Campidoglio on your left side, you will head down Marcello Theatre Street, where you can admire the Circus Maximo, which was the biggest circus in Imperial Rome, and put your hand in the “Mouth of Truth”.
- 3-hour Segway rental (30 minute orientation)
- Use of helmet (optional)
- Ponchos, in case of rain
- Entrance tickets
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children under 16 years
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Please come to the exact location shown on the map. Your guide will be at the meeting point with the Segways. You will find the guide about 50 meters from the end of the Sant'Angelo Bridge in the pedestrian area of Castel Sant'Angelo. GPS coordinates: 41°54'10.1"N 12°28'03.5"E.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• Segways are appropriate for virtually anyone, however riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
• This activity is not recommended for pregnant women
• This tour operates in all weather conditions