Windsor Castle: Full-Day Guided Tour with Boat Trip
Pick-up service• 8:00 AM: Royal National Hotel • 8:15 AM: Melia White House • 8:30 AM: Amba Marble Arch • 8:40 AM: Corus Hyde Park
- Explore Windsor, a beautiful town on the River Thames outside London
- Take a guided tour of the Queen’s favorite residence, Windsor Castle, the oldest inhabited castle in the world (entrance included)
- Visit the royal chapel of St. George
- Enjoy a guided tour of Eton
- Relax on a Thames cruise by the surrounding area of Windsor
You will then visit the royal chapel of St. George, where famous historical figures are buried, such as King Henry VIII with his third wife, Jane Seymour, King Charles I (beheaded in 1649 after having lost the Civil War against the Parliamentarians), and the the current Queen's parents and sister: Elizabeth, The Queen Mother, her husband King George VI (represented in the recent film, the King's Speech) and their youngest daughter, Princess Margaret.
This chapel is a marvelously beautiful example of the English Gothic architectural style and is also the spiritual home to the highest order of nobility in the country: the Most Noble Order of the Garter, founded in the fourteenth century by King Edward III, which still exists to this day and whose membership includes Prince William (the son of Lady Diana and heir to the throne). You will also enter and walk through the magnificent Royal State Apartments, splendidly restored after a fire in 1992. Finally, you will complete your day in Windsor with a guided tour of Eton.
This tour will be complemented with a little free time in Windsor's medieval town center before returning to London in time for any evening appointments you may have at the theater or in time for you to enjoy some early evening shopping at either Harrods or Oxford Street, the two places where drop-offs are offered.
- Entrance to Windsor Castle
- Transportation by coach
- Blue badge London guide exclusively in Spanish
- Boat trip