From Rio de Janeiro: Private Sailing Tour
- Experience the excitement of sailing through the wind in Guanabara Bay
- Learn a few basic sailing tricks and bring back home the knowledge of having guided a true sailboat
- Sail in a fully-equipped sailboat from the bustling city of Rio de Janeiro to the quiet corners of Niteroi
- Spot seagulls, frigate birds, dolphins, and even humpback whales from the deck of your ship
- Discover the area outside of the bay towards the Cagarras Archipelago and/ or Itaipu beach (conditions permitting)
Your journey will be on the Kamehameha, a 40-foot (12 meter) fully-equipped sailboat. After setting sail, navigate towards the mouth of Guanabara Bay and out to open seas. Look out for dolphins and humpback whales along the way.
If the weather stays fair, your destination will be the environmentally- protected and uninhabited Cagarras Islands, about 7 nautical miles off Rio de Janeiro's coast. Alternatively, and depending on your wishes, you can sail towards Itaipu, Itacoatiara, Copacabana, or Ipanema Beach.
You are welcome to bring your own favorite food and drinks to enjoy, or you can pre-arrange food and drinks. Enjoy a round of Caipirinhas as the sun sets over Rio for a brilliant end to a day sailing past Sugarloaf.
- 1 round of welcome drinks (beer, soft drink, caipirinha)
- Snacks and finger foods
- Bottled mineral drinking water, tap water, and ice
- Local taxes and fees
- Swimming or diving equipment
- Fishing equipment
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Iate Clube do Rio de Janeiro, Avenida Pasteur, 333, Urca, Rio de Janeiro. The Iate Clube is a private club where entrance is by invitation. After checking in at the reception please proceed to the waterfront for boarding.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• Remember to bring sunscreen lotion, hat, sunglasses, light shoes, and a light jacket