Rio de Janeiro: Downtown Walking Tour
- Learn about the history of Brazil and Rio de Janeiro
- Marvel at the contrast between modern and traditional architecture
- See the highlights of Downtown Rio de Janeiro
Delve into 500 years of Brazilian history with a visit to the XV de Novembro Square. Admire the architecture of ALERJ building, Paço Imperial, and do Carmo Convent. Walk past the dos Teles Arch and see its winding alleyways.
Follow your tour guide to Candelária Church and learn about its importance to the city. Then, discover hidden treasures in the architecture of the Brazil Bank Cultural Center, or as locals call "CCBB".
Admire the contrast between old and modern by walking down the street to Cinelandia Square. Explore political and cultural buildings in the area, such as Municipal Theater of Rio de Janeiro, National Library of Brazil, National Museum of Fine Arts, and City Council of Rio de Janeiro.
Revel at the architecture of Colombo's Bakery, one of the main landmarks of the city's, and have a snack. Finish your tour at a subway station in Downtown Rio, and choose to return to your hotel or continue exploring the region on your own.
- Multilingual Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Subway ticket (BRL 9 roundtrip per person)
- Food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• Contact us if you need instructions about how to get to the meeting point. • Arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts. • Tour guide will call you by your name at the meeting point.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Passport or ID card, copy accepted
- Luggage or large bags