Discover a totally different side of Lindos by joining this easy hike. Avoid the mass tourism, choose this eco-friendly way of creating memories, follow your expert local hiking guide and be amazed by the view.
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Select date and participants:
Hike on rocky trails and admire the endless blue sea
Go off the beaten track and experience the ancient city on your own
Visit Lindos on foot and avoid the crowds and see the temple of Lindia Athena.
The tour starts with pick-up from your location and driving you to Vlicha, a seaside village located next to Lindos, on the east coast of Rhodes. At the start of the trail, following mainly dirt roads, you leave behind you the buzz of the busy road, and move towards the west. Soon enough you walk under mature pine trees, whose existence is clearly surprising on this dry rocky land around Lindos.
You then follow a trail that passes on the foothill of vertical limestone slope and afterward visit an impressive cave and admire the remains of agricultural life – somehow forgotten here nowadays. Finally, the hike reaches its highest point and is time for some fantastic pictures of “Navarone Bay” with its azure colored water, or even some meditation on how beautiful this endless sea is.
After some walking downhill, you will experience the first glimpse of the hill where the Acropolis of Lindos proudly stands. No words are enough to describe its beauty, so you will have the chance to go closer, roaming in the narrow streets of the whitewashed village of Lindos. Some free time will be given for visiting the archeological site. The last part of the hike takes you back to Vlycha following an alternative route that hides one precious secret gem. Then the bus will take you back to your hotel.
• This hike is suitable for beginner-level hikers.
• Children older than 10 years old may join, always accompanied by an adult.
• The duration of hiking is approx. 3.5 hours and you will have 1 hour free in Lindos.
• Pick-up is done from Rhodes Town, Ixia, Ialysos, Kremasti, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Kolympia, Haraki and Lindos.
• At the time of booking please provide your hotel name and location and you will be notified by email about pick-up details.