Reykjavik: Half–Day Whales and Puffins Combo Tour
- Sail from Reykjavik on a large boat to see the whales
- See the puffins up-close on the little boat Old Skuli
- Rest assured, if there are no whales you get another ticket for free
- Stay warm and cozy with overalls supplied by the crew
Benefit from this combo tour's included classic whale watching tour, operated on the Andrea boat, lasting 3 to 3.5 hours. The Andrea is the biggest whale watching boat in Iceland, and has an educational and interactive focus. It is also family friendly and spacious with a cafeteria on-board.
If you choose to, you can switch to the express tour leaving 1 hour later on a faster boat that gets you out to the whale watching area quicker than the other whale watching boats, but still allows you to have plenty of time. Most common whale sights in Faxaflói Bay are minke whales, humpback whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbor porpoises. Note that these are two separate tours and you don't have to do them on the same day.
- Guided boat tour
- Warm inside seating
- Warm overalls for the whale watching tour
- Binoculars for the puffin tour
- Hotel pick–up (available for purchase)
- Hot drinks and refreshments (available for purchase)
Prepare for the activity
• The chances of spotting whales may be lower at other times of the year
• To make your excursion even more pleasurable, be sure to bring warm and comfortable clothing
• Please note that these tours are dependent on correct weather conditions; your captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort
• Please note that the Express Whale Watching tour is a faster boat, so this option is 2-2.5 hours for whale watching. You spend the same amount of time in the whale watching area.
• The 9:00 AM departure is the Classic Whale Watching followed by the Puffin Express tour.
• The 10:00 AM departure is the Express Whale Watching followed by the Puffin Express.
• The 12:30 PM departure begins with Puffin Express, followed by Express Whale Watching.