Express Whale and Puffin Watching Tour from Reykjavik
- Look for whales and puffins in season on an express boat tour
- Stop in the harbor of Iceland's magnificent Harpa Concert Hall
- Sail aboard stable boats that can search for whales and dolphins in larger areas
- Learn more about the indigenous wildlife from specially trained guides
Available from 15 May to 30 September, the whale-watching express tour departs from the old harbor in Reykjavík. The specially-engineered RIB boats get you closer and faster to the whales and puffins than bigger boats, and can search bigger areas to increase your likelihood of viewing the wildlife.
Ride out to the islands to see puffins in their natural surroundings (not available after mid-August), and then head out further in search of whales and dolphins. Get as up-close as you can without disturbing the magnificent creatures. Specially-trained guides will enhance your experience and increase the chance of some viewings.
Return to Reykjavík to sail along the city’s shore line. View the skyline of Reykjavik from the ocean, and stop at the harbor side of the mesmerizing Harpa Concert Hall to admire Iceland´s most famous building.
- Specially trained whale watching guide
- Fully certified RIB boat captain
- Sightseeing in Reykjavik and a stop at the Harpa Concert Hall
- Warm overalls, gloves and goggles
- All necessary safety equipment
- Toilets on board the boat
- Food on board the boat
Prepare for the activity
- Hiking shoes
• Participants must be at least 10 years old
• Dress warmly for the northern ocean, and bring warm outdoor clothing such as a wool or fleece sweater, some warm headgear and gloves
• Sturdy shoes are recommended
• This is a small group tour with only 12 people per boat
• Please note that puffin season is from 15 May to 15 August
• Please note the minimum age is 10 years and the minimum height is 145 cm