Reykjavík: Whale Watching On Board A Luxury Yacht
Pickup optionalPick up is 45-minutes before departure.
- Enjoy the beautiful views from the triple panoramic deck areas
- Experience whale watching in style and comfort
- Relax in the comfortable bar and lounge areas
- See amazing marine wildlife such as dolphins, purpoises, and humpback whales
The most common sights are minke and humpback whales, dolphins and porpoises. However, there is always a chance to spot a few orcas (also known as killer whales) as well as a wealth of other species. The professional team onboard is very experienced in spotting whales and are dedicated to making sure their passengers leave with a smile. This tour is conducted on a beautiful yacht known as the Amelia Rose. With three panoramic deck areas, the vessel provides every passenger with a good view of the surrounding area as well as an excellent opportunity to capture some amazing pictures. The decks are partially covered, providing some shelter from wind and rain, and you can easily circle them to enjoy the best views. Amelia Rose is designed as an offshore vessel, making it better adapted to take on the turbulent waves of Iceland's waters, ensuring a smoother sail with less probability of passengers experiencing nausea or seasickness.
If that's not enough, on this tour, you don't have to worry about overcrowding or not getting a good spot to see the whales. You will be sailing on Faxaflói in a small group which will make your experience personal, meaningful and memorable. So don't hesitate! Book now to enjoy whale watching in both style and comfort on this small group whale watching tour.
- 2.5 to 3 hours of sailing
- Hotel pick-up (if option selected)
- English guide
- WiFi on board the yacht
- Warm blankets
- Sea sickness tablets
- Drinks (available for purchase)
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
• Please consider that the best time for whale watching in Iceland is during the summer months (from April until September)
• Please note that sightings of wildlife can not be guaranteed. If you are not able to see anything on your tour you will get a complimentary ticket to try again
• Please note that the tour is dependent on correct weather conditions. The captain will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passengers safety and comfort