Whale Watching Tour from Reykjavik
- Sail from Reykjavik on Iceland’s largest whale-watching ship
- Rest assured, if there are no whales you get another ticket for FREE
- Stay warm and cozy with overalls supplied by the crew
- Relax at the café or browse the Souvenir shop
The waters off Reykjavik are rich with aquatic life. Most commonly spotted creatures are minke whales, white-beaked dolphins, harbor porpoises – and even humpback whales.
The Andrea features spacious public viewing areas as well as a deck that offers fantastic 360-degree views of the stunning environment. There’s a café on board that serves a range of refreshments and a souvenir shop. The experience is built on a special Educational focus, with a microscope, baleens, and whale teeth on board for passengers to learn about the whales and other sea life.
Humpback Whales are often spotted from the boat as well as Minke Whales, White Beaked Dolphins, Harbor Porpoises and occasionally Orcas.
Knowledgeable guides are available to answer any questions you may have and to help you spot these wonderful creatures of the deep.
- Guided whale watching tour
- Warm inside seating and large windows
- Warm overalls provided on board
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- English-speaking guide
- German-speaking guide (available as a second language from May 1 to September 30)
- Transfer from your hotel to the harbor
- Hot drinks and refreshments are available for purchase at the café lounge on board
Prepare for the activity
• The chances of spotting whales may be lower at other times of the year
• To make your excursion even more pleasurable, be sure to bring warm and comfortable clothing
• Spacious and comfortable inside areas are available with larger windows for better viewing
• Please note that sightings of wildlife can not be guaranteed. If you are not able to see anything on your tour you will get a complimentary ticket to try again
• Please note that the tour is dependent on correct weather conditions. The captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort
• Please be aware that the conditions may be rougher than expected when sailing out to sea. Please take the necessary precautions to prepare yourself if you are susceptible to seasickness