From Reykjavik: Iceland's South Coast and Glacier Tour
Pickup optionalPick-up from outside or at the reception of your accommodation in Reykjavik. Please be ready at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Please note that the pick-up service is not available for Airbnb lodgings. Because of traffic limitations, for some Reykjavík city areas, you will have to make your way to the closest pick-up spot. Your hotel receptionist can help you find out which one that is. If you are staying in a private accommodation, please contact the local supplier to know.
- Go behind the veil of water at the Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Experience the mighty power of the Skógafoss waterfall
- Walk on the glacier of Sólheimajökull with a certified glacier guide
Travel through fertile farm lands and pass small villages. Known for its Viking heritage, this epic scenery is guarded by the infamous volcanoes of Eyjafjallajökull and Hekla. On clear days, you will get some great views of the volcanically-active Westman Islands, where the eruption of the Eldfell volcano in the 1970s forced the island's 5,000 inhabitants to be temporarily evacuated to the mainland.
Stop first at the rugged outlet glacier of Sólheimajökull, which flows from the main ice-cap of Mýrdalsjökull where the mighty Katla volcano lies. Put on the provided crampons to explore the glacier's cracks, crevasses and ice with a certified glacier guide. Hike for 20 minutes to find yourself standing on top of a few hundred meters of ice, yet still only slightly above sea level.
Continue to the stunning waterfall of Skógarfoss, and feel the spray of the water on your face. Climb up the 527 steps of the hill to look at the majestic 60-meter high waterfall from above, and watch the water plummet down on its way to the Atlantic Ocean.
Then, go to the Seljalandsfoss waterfall to discover one of Iceland’s most famous attractions. Get a different perspective of the landscape as you take a walk behind the cascades and look through the wall of water.
- Audio guide on board the bus (available in 10 different languages)
- Driver and guide
- Glacier guide
- Visit to all the top sites on the south coast of Iceland (Seljalandsfoss, Sólheimajökull and Skógarfoss)
- Hotel pick-up (SmartBus hotel pick-up is available at extra cost)
Prepare for the activity
This tour option does not includes hotel pickup. Please be at the Reykjavik Terminal, located at Skógarhlíð 10 in time for your departure. Please note: the coach leaves from Reykjavík Terminal at departure time so it is important to arrive 15 minutes before departure timeOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• For the crampons you must be at least shoe size 35
• Dress according to the weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm and waterproof clothes. Weather changes are swift so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, head wear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended
• You are advised to bring your own headphones, as they will fit you best and it is better for the environment. If you don’t have your own headphones, or forgot to bring them, earphones are available to purchase on board the vehicle